Sunday, July 15, 2012

David writes in Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
I wonder if David ever had a day like this: emotions bouncing off the walls, not able to focus on anything for more than 10 minutes, two assignments due in both classes by this evening, friends not supporting my decision, no motivation to do anything related to school, spreading self thin in work life due to taking on too many side-jobs. Did David ever have a day like that?!! 

This verse has been running through my mind all day. So, if I'm thinking it on July 15 of 2012 it must be relevant to my situation. Okay, David, what exactly am I supposed to do? "Rejoice and be glad in it." 
WHAT?!! Seriously? Rejoice and be glad in it. What does that look like?


Rejoicing in school: I'm almost done (t-minus 26 days and counting) AND I'm in graduate school to begin with. Thank you, Jesus that I live in America where women have boundless opportunities to further their education. Rejoice because I will not have to read the same articles over and over again. At least the scenery changes. 


Rejoicing in the side-jobs: Thank you Lord, that not only do I have one job, but I have the opportunity to have a few other jobs as well to support myself. Thank you for gas in my car to get to said jobs and patience with the animals at the jobs. 

Rejoicing in rejection by friends (this one is hard!!): Lord, thank you for my friends, thank you that you are replacing old ones, when needed, with new ones

Ones that support and are excited about this new chapter of my life.
 Thank you for the hard days that allow me to trust You more.


6 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    I enjoyed reading your post we are having a similar day "emotions bouncing off the walls...no motivation to do anything related to school, spreading self thin in work life due to taking on too many side-jobs." What you said is just what I needed...Rejoice and be glad in it!
    This reminded me of listening to Joel Osteen's book "Everyday A Sunday." In his book he states it's not you HAVE to go to work it's you GET to go to work - it's not you HAVE to put gas in your car You GET to put gas in your car and you HAVE a car - He goes on with these for awhile and it makes me think I don't HAVE to do my homework I GET to do my homework so that I can advance in my position I can apply the new knowledge to help people at a job I love and I am capable of reading, writing, and thinking (which makes me blessed to begin with) to complete the homework that I have no motivation for.
    Thanks again Sarah for making me realize that EVERY day is a day that we need to Rejoice and be glad in!

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel,
      Thank you for the homework bit. It's not so bad when I think of it that way. Glad you enjoyed it. Happy Monday

      Delete
  2. Sarah,

    I love your blog and I'll be reading! Hope you have a great, blessed day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Hope your day is blessed as well

      Delete
  3. Great thoughts! It is easy to focus on the one or two negitives in life neglecting the many positives. Suffering with thanksgiving, good with the bad. Harmony and balance. Thanks, I needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you are very welcome, Brandon!! :)

      Delete